[PLUG] Binary compiled Perl code?

Colin Kuskie ckuskie at dalsemi.com
Fri Oct 4 15:54:18 UTC 2002

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 07:49:59AM -0700, Alex Daniloff wrote:
> Hello Linux folkz,
> I want to convert my Perl code into
> compiled Linux executable binary file.
> Generally I need to do this to speed up
> my program by skipping interpretation and
> compilation phase when it's executed.
> Could somebody please advise where should
> I look for the information on this subject.
> Or should I convert my Perl script into C/C++
> and compile it?
> What is the better approach to achieve this goal?
> Thank you in advance for any advise or sources of
> information.

This is a Perl FAQ.  Check out:

http://perldoc.com/perl5.8.0/pod/perlfaq3.html#How-can-I-compile-my-Perl-program-into-byte-code-or-C-

The short answer is that it won't help very much.  You can learn a lot
about the subject by using Google to search through the archives of
comp.lang.perl.misc, or try searching Perlmonks.com

Colin