[PLUG] Re wget

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Fri Oct 4 19:40:01 UTC 2002

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Rogan Creswick wrote:
> A useful thing to do would be to bind a key to a script that cd's to a
> predefined downloads dir and runs wget on whatever is in the
> clipboard.

How would a script get access to the clipboard (or, more to the useful
point, the mouse paste buffer)?

I use wget the way some organic life uses, say, oxygen.  I think it'd be
damned handy to do what you've defined above, but I wouldn't know how to
grab the data short of actually pressing the middle button on my mouse to
add an argument to my get command.  A script would be neato because it
could also properly parse out shell metas and so on.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net