[PLUG] Unable to install RH 8.0

Jim Webb jimwebb at charter.net
Tue Oct 8 21:58:12 UTC 2002

Has anybody else seen this problem while attempting to install RH Linux 8.0?

I am unable to install my RH 8.0 personal due to issues with anaconda.
There are a number of problems with anaconda that lead to a message that
states: "OSError: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory".  I'm unable to save
the complete error message to a floppy disk to submit to bugzilla or to
here.  My pc freezes at this point.

This error occurs after I've selected the packages that I want to install.
I'm not sure what's going on, but if any of you have seen this or heard
about it, please let me know.  The Red Hat site does not help at all.  In
fact, it's a piece of dung.  Everything that pertains to RH 8 leads to a
dead webpage.

TIA,

Jim