[PLUG] kernel profiling

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Oct 8 22:20:53 UTC 2002

Ed> I didn't post it because I already solved the problem. When I said
Ed> that I haven't completely mastered Grub, I meant that I had to go
Ed> back to the documentation to figure it out I've not yet memorized
Ed> the details of grub.conf as I have for lilo.conf.

Russell> Remember, a mailing list like this is _not_ just for your own
Russell> personal gratification.  When you publicly ask a question,
Russell> you are engaging the minds of other people.  If you solve
Russell> your own problem after you have asked, both for those peoples
Russell> curiosity and for posterity, I think it is polite to outline
Russell> what the solution was.  Think of it as the price you pay for
Russell> requesting free advice.  Just my opinion.

Ed> So, you're the list policeman today?

Personally, I've always appreciated feedback.

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more