[PLUG] Re: [SLL] sendmail -q5m (HOWto)

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Oct 8 17:07:56 UTC 2002

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Bruce Kingsland wrote:

> I found in the sendmail faq (in the newsgroups) that you can get mail
> that is stuck in the mqueue to move by running "sendmail -q<time>".
> How do I put options on the commandline in the rc.d directories. Those
> all seem to be soft-links; but I haven't seen any instructions on how
> to add options to soft-links.

Just edit the original file (the file it links too).

Depending on the OS, you may see that the original SysV startup script
gets its configs from another file.

Every startup script for starting a sendmail daemon already has it run the
queue at some set interval (like 30 minutes).

On systems that don't have a listening mail server (no -bd), then I just
do a "sendmail -q" (no time interval) via cron.

(I see that this is carbon-cpioed to a list I am not subscribed too. If it
doesn't bounce: "hello Portland!")

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/