[PLUG] Smbclient + error 53

frankjapan at libero.it frankjapan at libero.it
Mon Oct 7 10:33:53 UTC 2002

Hi,
I have installed samba on my pc but I can't connect from my win-client.
the problem are the following:

1)if I do:  smbclient //server/tmp -U root
It will be ok, but if I type: smbclient //server/tmp -U root%secret
Then the result is : "session setup failed: ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad
password - name/password pair in a Tree Connect or Session Setup are
invalid.)"

2)When I do from my win-client (ms-dos prompt):
"net view samba_server " the result is "error system 53"
And if I do: nbtstat -A my.samba.server.ip
the message is "host not found"

If you can, help me please !!!

Bye,
Francesco.