[PLUG] Dual boot win 2000 and RH Linux 8

Matt King plug at magnetinternet.com
Wed Oct 9 22:37:10 UTC 2002

>> What will I see when I start the install of linux?  Will RH 8 see the
>> ntfs partition and then show the linux partitions?  Will I be booting
>> up with GRUB or the windows loader initially?

I have almost the same thing running here at work, a Windows 2000 box with
Slackware 8.1 dual booting.  LILO always takes over the booting (for me at
least).  It's easy to do, just as long as Windows is installed first.

I haven't used Redhat 8.0 but if it's like the rest of the Linux distros,
it should behave the same way.  Might even prompt to mount NTFS drives
somewhere during the install.

--
Matt King
magnet | internet