[PLUG] Yet another RH8.0 failed install

Steven Raymond stever at woo-hoo.com
Thu Oct 10 20:32:42 UTC 2002

With help from Arjan van de Ven at Redhat, the solution to this problem
was the following:

"can you try putting

apm=idle_threshold=100

on the kernel commandline ? (eg type "e" in grub and then edit the line
with vmlinuz on it to add that)"

It fixed the problem.  Apparently I was the fifth person he helped with
this fix so it is not entirely uncommon.  The line has something to do
with power management for laptops which seems to break certain PCs.....