Web site Images (was Re: [PLUG] html tag for image caption)

Patrick Beart patrick at WebArchitecture.com
Fri Oct 11 00:41:05 UTC 2002

At 12:02 PM -0700 10/10/02, Rich Shepard wrote:
>On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Patrick Beart wrote:
>
>>	The "caption" attribute of HTML Tables is "deprecated"
>>  (phased out, obsolete).
>
>   Good to know, Patrick. Thanks. Wasn't going to use it anyway.
>
>>	The "caption" attribute is NOT designed for images, nor is it
>>  a stable cross-browser tag attribute. Various non-standard browsers
>>  (i.e. MS Internet Explorer!) will render the attribute differently.
>
>   Only 1 person has commented that she would like to see images on my Web
>site. I don't think I'll add any.

	Images could really be valuable - depends on the focus of the
site. I'd counsel you not to dismiss the idea, without careful
consideration of what you want to do with the site and WHO your
audience is.
	While YOU might not see the need for images, your potential
audience might. This woman's feedback could be a bellwether for you.

Patrick Beart
Web Architecture  &  "iWeb4Biz"         503-774-8280       Portland, OR
Internet Consulting, Intelligent Web site Development & Secure site Hosting.
http://www.WebArchitecture.com/

"This is an era when nonsense has become acceptable and sanity is
controversial."
                                      - Thomas Sowell