[PLUG] Re: [SLL] mutt (re)formatting command

Sandy Herring sandy at herring.org
Fri Oct 11 00:47:11 UTC 2002

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Bruce Kingsland wrote:
> Soren Jacobsen's Log: StarDate 1005.1222:
> > On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 10:27:50AM -0700, Bruce Kingsland wrote:
[...]
> > I just use VIM and just do 'gqip' when I need to reformat text.
>
> It turned out that the tool I needed was a vim sequence, which I've
> put into the .vimrc for handy use.
>
> I tried the 'gqip' sequences (gq??), and it didn't do anything. Is
> that a feature that is only available in the GUI? I'm doing email on a
> system that doesn't support GUI (another long story), so I run 6
> console sessions.....

What do you have 'textwidth' and 'formatoptions' set to? For more clues,
from within ViM, try `:help gq'. The online help for ViM is excellent.

Sandy
--
Sandy Herring, RHCE                        o              sandy at herring.org
Peck of Pickled Pisces               __  o               http://herring.org/