[PLUG] Null Modem

Chris Emery deathfox at moochercrew.org
Fri Oct 11 07:41:36 UTC 2002

I'm trying to set up a serial link between my SparcStation 1 and my
linux box, using 2 radioshack serial cables, a Null Modem, and a 25->9
pin converter (I know, that's a LOT of cable to have a loose link in.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to
A) find out which serial port I'm plugged into
B) Use Minicom to connect through a null modem (It always says I'm
offline, nomatter WHICH serial port I'm using
C) I don't even know if the sparcstation truely works, A friend gave it
too me, and said that it probably won't boot properly,

I don't have a harddrive or a floppy drive in there, all I really want
is some diagnostics messages through my serial cable, since I don't have
a Monitor or a Keyboard for a sun.

Can anybody help me here?  Or am I dead in the watter?