[PLUG] Mozilla and Flash Player

Richard Seymour paynoattention at anarchysoftware.com
Sun Oct 13 01:52:19 UTC 2002

Robbert van Andel wrote:
> Two questions.  Firs, how do I find what version of the flash player I
> have installed?  I'm using Mozilla on my system and a couple of flash
> games don't work on my linux machine.
>
> Second, if I have an older version, how do I upgrade.  I downloaded the
> new version, but the instructions are for Netscape.

I want to tag a question on to this. One nice feature of Mozilla is the
ability to block images (ads) on a by server basis. This doesn't help
with flash ads, which I am seeing more and more of.

Is there a way to block flash content on a by server basis? Or can I
disable flash from automatically running (unless I OK it)?

--
But they have one thing you haven't got: a diploma.