[PLUG] ./configure error

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Mon Oct 14 03:54:37 UTC 2002

On 13 Oct 2002, eric wrote:
> when running the ./configure command for the oggtst source, the process
> runs well until I get the message: "configure: error: Cannot find
> ao/ao.h".  I have libao installed.

You probably have the dynamic library, but not the headers appropriate to
compile against the library.  This is one of the lame things about trying
to compile software on a binary distribution.

Perhaps you should check to see if your package repository contains a
libao development package, as opposed to a straight libao binary library
package.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin