[PLUG] Hard disc re-partition question

Russell Evans revans at e-z.net
Mon Oct 14 06:58:33 UTC 2002

To list the partition table on a drive

fdisk -l  -u /dev/harddrive

I only know of a utility for defragmenting a ext2 filesystem. since Linux has
support and patches for so many file systems you will have to look for
yourself.

You will need to specify what you mean by "safe and easy way". Are you talking
saving the data on the partition and resizing them, a wipe and repartition, or
are you looking for information on something like LVM?

Thank you
Russell