[PLUG] Setting up PostgreSQL on RedHat

Colin Kuskie ckuskie at dalsemi.com
Mon Oct 14 20:40:39 UTC 2002

When I set up MySQL on my Red Hat server, I was shown by a frien who
was knowledgeable in MySQL how to go in and change the root account
from the default that was shipped with the distribution.

Now I'd like to install PostgreSQL, and my friend has never used it,
and the docs talk about multiple methods of authenticating people
trying to use the database.  Files, various tables, etc.

Can someone give me, in a nutshell, what I need to do to change all
default passwords and accounts related to PostgreSQL on Red Hat
so I don't leave any backdoors?

Thanks,
Colin