[PLUG] Red Hat Road Tour coming to Portland

Carla Schroder pluglist at bratgrrl.com
Tue Oct 15 03:15:45 UTC 2002

On Monday 14 October 2002 17:27, Paul Nelson wrote:
> Should I have put free beer in the subject?  ;-^)
>
> Red Hat's new bright red motor home is crossing the country and will be
> stopping here in Portland for the weekend of Nov. 15 - 18. So far we've
> planned for them to join us for a Linux Clinic on Saturday the 16th.
> http://www.idg.net/ic_956369_1794_9-10000.html
>
> We want to have an evening for grownups too though. The goal is to find
> a place where we can have a round table discussion mixed liberally with
> beverages for Saturday night on the 16th.
>
> So the question, who knows of a HUGE pub that can devote the space to a
> group that wants to eat and drink and round table? We'd need to be able
> to do all three. As far as numbers think 200 or so.

Is this going to be yet another Survival of the Loudest, or will people who
are not pushy and obnoxious get a chance to get a word in? Quiet people with
manners often know one or two things worthy of sharing. I'd like to support
the event, but not if it's another typical geekfest where the annoying ones
dominate.

--
Carla Schroder