[PLUG] ATT Cable Internet

Richard Langis richard.langis at sun.com
Tue Oct 15 18:25:32 UTC 2002

FYI - this get discussed about once a month.  See here
http://lists.pdxlinux.org/pipermail/plug/  for the archives.  Karl
mentioned there was a search function, but I can't seem to find it at
the moment.

That said, when I had ATT Broadband (we're in the middle of a move), I
didn't have to go to said site to hook up a different machine to the
modem.  As soon as the tech left, I unplugged the cord from the laptop,
plugged it into the open port on my firewall, and after a couple of
hours of tweaking scripts and such, it was up and running.

YMMV.

-R