[PLUG] Configuring a CD Burner

Richard Steffens rsteff at attbi.com
Tue Oct 15 21:38:48 UTC 2002

On my RH 7.0 machine, I have an HP 7200 series CD burner. I've never
used it for burning CDs. It works fine for reading, but when I try to
use cdrecord, I discover from the man page that I need a SCSI device. I
note that this can be a virtual device and that somehow I can load a
driver and map it.

I've tried reading the HOWTO at:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/CD-Writing-HOWTO.html

It only makes partial sense to me. I tried running the scripts in the
Quickstart section, but didn't learn anything useful. Can anyone
recommend another source of information on how to configure an IDE CD
burner?

(I did figure out how to prepare the data with mkisofs.)

Thanks.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens