[PLUG] Configuring a CD Burner

Richard Steffens rsteff at attbi.com
Wed Oct 16 02:43:45 UTC 2002

Matt King wrote:

> Yep looks like it's loaded, which probably means it loads at boot.  Try
> running lilo and rebooting and see what happens.

I ran lilo -v and then rebooted. Here's what I get, now.

[root at NEC /root]# cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord 1.9 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2000 Jörg Schilling
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you
are root.

[root at NEC /root]# cdrecord -dev hdc -scanbus
Cdrecord 1.9 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2000 Jörg Schilling
scsidev: 'hdc'
devname: 'hdc'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you
are root.

[root at NEC /mnt]# mount /dev/cdrom
mount: /dev/cdrom is not a valid block device

Also, putting a music CD in no longer works. When I run a music playing
program from the Gnome menu, I get an error message that says the device
is not configured. Must be I need to do something else in addition to
the above stuff.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens