[PLUG] Looking for Linux alternative to MS Exchange

Michael Luevane mikel at quantecllc.com
Wed Oct 16 23:18:27 UTC 2002

I used to use T&C a LOOOOOONG time ago :)

The problem here is that we need the functionality of calendar/contact list
sharing but we reeeeeally don't want to shell out a whole lot of $$$. MS
Win2K server with 20 licenses, MS Exchange - you're already talking about
$5,000, and that's a lot of money for a po' little company like us.

I'm looking at Bynari - it's installed and now I'm perusing the
documentation to see how to configure it. I'll report back if it does what I
need.

I'll probably also take a look at the SuSE solution. I prefer open source
solutions, but when it all comes down to it, I'll take what gets the job
done and keeps the boss happy.

Michael Luevane, Analyst/Network Admin
Quantec, LLC
6229 SE Milwaukie
Portland, OR 97202
503.228.2992x28

PS: It's a pleasure to "meet" you, Carla. I've read your stuff in Computer
Bits and I look forward to reading it every month.