[PLUG] MS sucks reason 4971

Patrick Beart patrick at WebArchitecture.com
Thu Oct 17 01:37:21 UTC 2002

At 3:16 PM -0700 10/16/02, Mike Neal wrote:
>According to Toshiba tech support, current MS license for WinXP on
>my new Toshiba notebook requires the reinstall CD to wipe the
>partition table when restoring the system effectively killing a dual
>boot (Linux) system.
>
>Me: Why is this?
>Tech support:  "Microsoft is concerned about supporting systems with
>modified partition tables (Microsoft doesn't support OEM customers).
>
>Me: How do I get around the problem?
>Tech support: "Buy a real copy of WinXP."

	Sounds to me like either they are admitting that you have a
bootleg copy of XP, ... OR ... you need to hit them up for a refund
for the copy of XP that you have. Either you have a MS license for
your copy of XP, or you don't. If you DO, then they need to provide
REAL customer service.

	I'd escalate this matter to that (tech support) idiots' manager.

Patrick Beart
Web Architecture  &  "iWeb4Biz"         503-774-8280       Portland, OR
Internet Consulting, Intelligent Web site Development & Secure site Hosting.
http://www.WebArchitecture.com/

"This is an era when nonsense has become acceptable and sanity is
controversial."
                                      - Thomas Sowell