[PLUG] File Rename via Samba?

Kelly Guimont verso at mac.com
Wed Oct 16 20:50:27 UTC 2002

Hey all,

After much technological upheaval at my house, I'm up against this problem
once again. Two new hard drives and three reformats later, I finally got my
Samba Server on and the Wintendo is able to connect and do basic things:
read, copy to, and delete from the share he's connected to. However he
cannot rename files. Is rename a completely separate permission? It doesn't
matter if he logs in as himself (w/admin rights) or me (w/admin/su rights),
that machine is unable to rename on my machine. When he tries, it says "The
source or destination file may be in use". Any idea what could cause this?
My machine is running OSX, his is running Win2k Pro. I've tried all manner
of permission juju, googling for the error, thus far, no dice.  Help!

-Kelly

My advice? Let the Wookiee win.