[PLUG] Re: Rack-mount cases for linux boxes

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Thu Oct 17 03:13:08 UTC 2002

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   A related question: are Slot 1 motherboards/cpus far outdated and not
> worth anything? I've not followed hardware for at least the past four years.

I hope not.  I've got a dual PIII/350 and a PII/233 that I use all the
time.  The dual is my desktop - mostly - but does extra service (as all
good Linux systems do) as SAMBA server, Web Server, Database server and
virtual CDROM server on my SOHO network.  The single will become the
'server' soon so I can cram some more applications and data on the
desktop.  :-)

Rod