[PLUG] Eschelon Telecom?

Patrick Beart patrick at WebArchitecture.com
Thu Oct 17 18:18:22 UTC 2002

At 7:50 PM -0700 10/16/02, todd.sarratt wrote:
>It's a trap!
>
>Echelon is perhaps the most powerful intelligence gathering organization in
>the world. Several credible reports suggest that this global electronic
>communications surveillance system presents an extreme threat to the privacy
>of people all over the world.

	You are confusing the company (Echelon telco) with the code
name for a global surveillance operation. Normally, a company would
have trademark issues with choosing a name that is already taken.
However, the Eschelon surveillance operation isn't a company, so
there's no conflict - at least with respect to trademark.

	Anybody want to start a "war chalking" club called "Wells
Fargo"??    <grin>

Patrick Beart

Web Architecture  &  "iWeb4Biz"         503-774-8280       Portland, OR
Internet Consulting, Intelligent Web site Development & Secure site Hosting.
http://www.WebArchitecture.com/

"This is an era when nonsense has become acceptable and sanity is
controversial."
                                      - Thomas Sowell