[PLUG] LTSP System Administration Course Announcement

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Thu Oct 17 21:39:33 UTC 2002

Is anyone signing up for the class?

Also, have you arranged to give the class at Madison High School?
If not, would you be interested in using my house?
I don't have much equipment, but I have a house close to MAX
with fast internet and a large room in the basement that I have
used for seminars with 20+ people.

                                           Dave Mandel
                                           Contact info at bottom

P.S.  I do not have a good projector, but I can generally get one
      that "almost sort of works".  It is usable, but not ideal.

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, MJ Coe wrote:

> Looking for folks interested in a community education course on:
>

> LTSP SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION
>

> WHY:  LTSP (Linux Terminal Server Project) might possibly be the
> education/workplace computing wave of the future.  In an effort to provide
> the Linux community with opportunities to learn more about LTSP
> installation, configuration, and system administration, this course is
> designed to provide hands-on practical LTSP lab/Linux server and networking
> experience.
>
> (Basically, this course is being coordinated by an individual disappointed
> with the lack of currently available LTSP and advanced Linux hands-on
> educational opportunities)
>
> WHO: Created in response to the needs of college students, K-12 public
> school educators/IT coordinators, and business sysadmins wishing to learn
> more about the capabilities and administration of LTSP labs.
>
> WHAT: Providing hands-on experience by building a working LTSP lab from
> scratch.  The intent is to provide each participant with their own LTSP
> computer/server and clients to set up and configure.  For a general course
> outline (still considered a working document) and list of preferred course
> prerequisites, see the following link:
>
> http://www.mjsunderground.net/LTSPCourseOutline.htm
>

> WHEN: Thursdays, Oct. 24 - Dec. 19, 6-9 p.m.  (8 classes, one class per
> week -- no class on Thanksgiving).  If class doesn't start until Oct. 31,
> there will only be 7 classes.
>
> WHERE: Tentatively Madison High School, Room C6 (2735 NE 82d, Portland.
> Easy access -- by MAX, just a few blocks north of MAX 82d street stop. By
> car -- exit north off I-84/Banfield at NE 82d.  And on major bus routes)
>
> TUITION:
> Tentatively $100.00 (classroom rental and instructor costs), minimum 8
> students.
>
> PCC students will have registration preference.
>
> For more information and registration details, please contact the following
> (please leave name, email address, phone#, and a good time that you can be
> reached):
>

> MJ Coe
> ltsp at myrealbox.com
> 503-233-1911