[PLUG] Virus - Hello!

Steve Coffman divinstr at dsl-only.net
Sat Oct 19 19:45:56 UTC 2002

Hi All,

Well... My mother sent me a virus. OK, I tries to explain to her not to open files with more than 1 dot, but it was from a friend that said they could not open the file, so....

I'm trying to identify which virus it is so I can try to clean up her computer. Subject line was "Hello!"
A file was simply attached - Budget.xsl.scr. The budget spreadsheet is an actual file of hers so the virus picked it up and attached itself then went through her address book and sent it out.

Her components are: Opera 6.1 for all browsing, and Eudora Pro 4.3 for her mail. Most e-mail virus warnings I've seen posted are due to the wonderful Microsoft Outlook products, so I'm not sure which virus this is.

Any help or direction to look would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve Coffman