[PLUG] mail handling agents for users

Josh Orchard josh at emediatedesigns.com
Mon Oct 21 03:12:35 UTC 2002

I have a domain that I manage for another and would like to give them
ability to decide how their mail to handled.  I'm allowing two mail boxes
on the server and all mail is being sent to one account on the server.

Thus:

user1
user2

postfix alias file:
@domain.com   user1

I had a promail file setup such they can do the follow:

:0:
  * ^TO_joeuser at domain\.com
  ! user2 at localhost

then the user1 could forward all the email to the other user on the same
machine.  The problem seems that the mail is not all going to that user.
User2 has signed up for some maillist and the mailer is sending them BBC
or some other hidden way.

Is there a way that I can use procmail or some other tool that the user
could alter in his home directory to decide which mail goes where?

I know that I can put an entry in the postfix user alias file and now have
to temporary resolve the issue but would like the user of the domain to be
able to handle his email.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Josh