[PLUG] strange trojan

Derek Loree derek at infotects.com
Wed Oct 23 18:03:35 UTC 2002

Rich,

I tried to reply to your email, but your mail server didn't like my mail
server, and my message was rejected as spam.  Do you have reverse
lookups as a criteria for hosts that you will allow?  (I don't think
I've been tagged as an open relay, because it isn't open).

Derek Loree

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.wiween.html

> Derek,
>
>   I must be pretty dumb this morning. If the binary won't execute
without
> the proper password, and it cannot open the backdoor (port > 4,000)
until it
> runs, how is it fired?
>
>   Is the recipient supposed to call someone and ask for the password?
In my