[PLUG] Colo recommendations?

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Thu Oct 24 15:47:51 UTC 2002

I'm moving to Portland soon (don't worry, I'm bringing my job with me)
and am looking for recommendations for Linux- and BSD-friendly colo
sites for a couple 2U servers.  I'm much more interested in low cost and
easy access (e.g., for backups) than raw bandwidth, something that I can
get for around $200/month/box in Boulder, if you know where to look.

I would also be willing to consider an "in home" setup, if any are
suitable.  At my current location the options are Qworst (horrible
customer service, low uplink speeds, and did I mention horrible customer
service?  Or the fact that many open relays used to Joe job my domain
were Qworst-managed servers?) and AT&T cable modems (no servers,
surprisingly spotty service - lots of periods with 75% packet loss.)

Bear