[PLUG] Mandrake install

Abraham Zwygart ziggy at anodizing.com
Fri Oct 25 20:16:58 UTC 2002

Hi
Just downloaded Mandrake 9.0 and installed it.  I was pleased that it
recognized the nt partition and made a mount point for me.  That is really
nice.  Also thought that it was cool that it saw several printers on the
network and allowed me to attach/configure them.  I skipped that part.  Just
wanted the local printer.  Have two questions.

I have a cd-r and a cd-w  on my system.  As far as I can tell the system
always mounts both cd's as read only.  I also noticed that in the fstab
both have a ',ro,' on there mount line.  I think I need to make the cd-w
read/write. Not sure how to do this.

Email/kmail.  When I start it it tells me to go the the network and
configure it there.  At the network configuration I found email and have
entered in all the information except application.  I cannot find kmail
that is on the desk top?  Not sure  what to do?

On another note, on install when I pick a mouse that has a wheel
the screen started to fickler and the mouse when to the top right of
the screen.  After re-installing (pick generic mouse, work) I tried
to setup the wheel mouse again.  Again the screen flickers and the
mouse runs to the top right of the screen.  Un able to move easily
rebooted.  After logging in, going to a web site, I noticed that the
wheel was working.  That was really strange.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Abraham Z.