[PLUG] Changing hardware but keeping system intact

Greg Long plug at maneuveringspeed.com
Wed Oct 30 20:13:09 UTC 2002

Thanks. I actually have the files over on the "new" box in .tgz backups.
These are dated, but serve for a good test. I guess my greatest concern
was that even though only root will be logged in, in Runlevel 3, it
wouldn't like me untar'ing the archives on top of the existing
directories: Dumping home.tgz into /home replacing existing, dumping
etc.tgz into /etc replacing existing, etc. -- (or should I say "and so
on" in lieu of "etc."?)

I may as well try it....it's an "expendable" system at this point.

Greg