[PLUG] Changing hardware but keeping system intact

Greg Long plug at maneuveringspeed.com
Thu Oct 31 03:58:35 UTC 2002

I suppose I will place the drive in the source system as a slave and try
it that way...One of the reasons I wanted to do it this way is to be
able to restore the system from backups...it seems if it's easy to make
these tarballs, it should be easy to restore the directories from them,
but it's not because of the problems I described before.

The server's not too heavy traffic that it can't be shut down for a few
minutes to configure the drive.

Thanks, Russ.

Greg