[PLUG] DoD is a big fan of Open Source (fwd)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Oct 31 18:02:38 UTC 2002

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Don Buchholz wrote:

> Yup, on a similar note --- "FOSS Regularly" ... :-)
>
>        http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/27822.html

  Not at all surprising.

  When I was in the Army (back when we used spears instead of throwing
rocks), I used to ask the gung-ho guys if they really wanted to jump out of
an airplane in a parachute built by the lowest bidder. By the same token,
would you want to go into space with the mission controlled by
Microsoft-running computers?

  "Hold on a moment, Eagle. Houston has a BSOD and we need to reboot all the
systems before you can return to Ear ..."  Sssss-ss-ss-ss-ss-ss-ss.