[PLUG] Reinstall

Dirk Ouellette hapibeli at attbi.com
Thu Oct 31 21:23:04 UTC 2002

Hello all. I've reinstalled my RH 7.3 system as ;

# mount
/dev/hda3 on / type ext3 (rw)
none on /proc type proc (rw)
/dev/hda1 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
/dev/hda7 on /data1 type ext3 (rw)
/dev/hda6 on /data2 type ext3 (rw)
/dev/hda5 on /data3 type ext3 (rw)
/dev/hdb1 on /data4 type ext3 (rw)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
/dev/hda9 on /home type ext3 (rw)
none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/hda10 on /tmp type ext3 (rw)
/dev/hda8 on /usr type ext3 (rw)
/dev/hda11 on /var type ext3 (rw)
none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw

and when I did I left hda3 unformatted thinking I'd save all data on
that partition. I used the same /user , same passwd, but RH wouldn't let
me into that user. I made a new user but I'd like to find out if my old
stuff is still sitting there. I couldn't backup my data first, lord
buddha knows I tried, because the way I had the disk set up I had no
room left that I could access. Thus the reinstall. How do I access hda3,
which is supposedly not formatted.
Thanks, Dirk