[PLUG] network setup problems

Chaz chaz at bctonline.com
Thu Oct 31 22:42:44 UTC 2002

Sounds like the box with the direct connection is not routing.
Do you have the route daemon running?
-chaz

    Hello everyone. I am attempting to do a  network setup here at
home.
I have AT&T cable, a Mandrake 9 Linux box between it and an Intel
10/100
hub and connected to the hub a Win98 box and Mandrake 9 Linux box. I
can
ping from any box to another box and to the outside (@ AT&T) so I
figure
I am "getting out". But I cannot start up lynx or Mozilla or anything
else and get connected to the internet on any machine but the one
just
behind the cable modem.
    The box behind the modem is set for dhcp on eth0 for AT&T and
eth1
one is set static. The other two boxes are set with static IP
addresses
and the gateway to the IP of eth1 for the first box. It seemed like
such
a great thing to be able to ping to the outside. I just seem to be
missing something or just not sure which step is next to take.

Thanks,
Terrel Woolbright
terrelw1 at attbi.com