[PLUG] Re:USB

Anthony Schlemmer aschlemm at attbi.com
Mon Sep 2 18:39:59 UTC 2002

I know Kodak has quite few cameras out there but I don't know if the
usbdevfs needs to be mounted for any of the EasyShare cameras like the
DX3900. I have an EasyShare DX4900 and I access the camera directly
though "gphoto2".

The only special setup I did was to make it so my "hotplug" service sets
up the USB port permissions for me so I don't have to be root to access
my camera. All I did was to place an entry for my camera in the
/etc/hotplug/usb.usermap file.

Tony