Fwd: Re: [PLUG] Debian Power Down doesn't

Sean Whitney sean at fork.com
Mon Sep 2 23:17:33 UTC 2002

Yes but I should have said

cp /boot/config /usr/src/linux/.config

The dot in .config is significant.  Anyone know why this file is .config and
not config?????

Sean

Subject: Re: [PLUG] Debian Power Down doesn't
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 22:00:54 -0700
From: Bill Spears <bspears at easystreet.com>
To: plug at lists.pdxlinux.org

On Saturday 31 August 2002 07:08 pm, you wrote:
> Once you get the kernel-source downloaded, look at the debian.README.gz in
> the doc/kernel-source-X.XX/ folder it will give pretty good instructions on
> what to do.
>
> Also copy /boot/config to your /usr/src/linux folder, that way you are
> starting from a known good configuration.
>

> Sean

This is a VERY good tip.  The last thing you want to do is go thru config
trying to guess what some of those very obscure, to me, things mean.

Is this /boot/config a Debian thing or also a Redhat thing?