[PLUG] Fwd: Re:USB

Anthony Schlemmer aschlemm at attbi.com
Mon Sep 2 23:28:47 UTC 2002

I can't help you there since my Kodak DX4900 doesn't require me to use
the a usbdevfs to download the pictures from. I've tried accessing my
camera through "kioslave" in KDE so I can access the camera in
Konqueror with a "camera:/" URL. Unfortunately the "kioslave"
incorrectly tries to access the camera as a usbdevfs and so I get some
strange USB I/O errors.

Instead I use "gphoto2" from the command line to list and download the
JPEG files from my camera.

Tony