[PLUG] [OT] Women in Computing

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Tue Sep 3 14:42:41 UTC 2002

Should actually be ROT (Really Off Topic) but that looked bad on the
subject line.  :-)

I'm teaching "Computer Science Orientation" at the local community college
this semester (first time for me) and only have one woman in the class.
She's a little uncertain about being in there because the 'the guys' seem
to know so much.  My thought was to have a quick project for fun on Women
in Computing.  The problem is I'm drawing a blank once I get past Ada
Byron, Grace Hopper and Hedy LaMarr.  I just found a site on women in
computer which I'll look at later but would also like some of your input
on women you think made significant contributions to computing.

To keep the noise down please reply direct to me (raanders at acm.org) and
I'll summarize back to the list.

Cheers,
Rod