[PLUG] Debian question, running pump on boot

Anthony Schlemmer aschlemm at attbi.com
Tue Sep 3 19:18:59 UTC 2002

I don't know about the other DHCP clients but back when I had @Home I
used "dhcpcd" because I was required to include my assigned @Home
hostname to get an IP Address from their DHCP server(s). I'm not sure
if some of the other DHCP client's supported that ability or not. Since
AT&T took over after @Home dumped me I don't need to specify a hostname
any more when I run "dhcpcd". I do see that I still get my old hostname
back in the DHCP reply when I look at the info file "dhcpcd" creates.

Tony