[PLUG] [OT] Women in Computing

Geoff Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Tue Sep 3 20:41:30 UTC 2002

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Carla Schroder wrote:

> Send your lone woman student to http://www.linuxchix.org/, there is a local
> chapter which is meeting next Sunday.
> http://www.linuxchix.org/content/chapters/portlandor.html

One of the things I am trying to do with the PLUG website is to offer
a collection of links to groups promoting Open Source in the NorthWest.
A lot of these links I have found thru diligents searches, but a few
I have found simply by stumbling over them. (Or stumbling over a dead
link to a lost website.) And I have yet to thoroughly cover what exists
to the north in Washington.

But one blind spot I've had is local chapters of national groups promoting
Open Source. Linuxchix is obviously one of them. I'm aware that Perl Mongers
at oen time has (or had?) a local chapter, & that a Ruby group is being
organized. Are there any other groups that I should include in the web site?

Maybe this will provide me with the content I'm always asking for at the
meetings.

Geoff