[PLUG] Re: USB

Dan Haskell danh at fork.com
Tue Sep 3 21:10:50 UTC 2002

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Dirk Ouellette wrote:

> *** ERROR *** Could not find USB device (vendor 0x40a, product 0x170). Make
> sure this device is connected to the computer.
> Could my motherboard's usb ports be a problem?

It is possible. I had a 3-4 year old PC with a usb controller that
wouldn't work under Linux (the drivers loaded fine but devices were never
recognized.) This weekend I upgraded to RedHat 7.3, disabled the on-board
USB, and installed a cheap d-link USB card and it "just worked".

BTW, I've had good experiences with gtkam.

Dan