[PLUG] Re: USB

Anthony Schlemmer aschlemm at attbi.com
Tue Sep 3 22:40:55 UTC 2002

Have you checked your syslog and see if there are any USB related
messages. I get the following messages when I press the button on my
Kodak camera dock:

Sep  3 15:37:13 tigger kernel: hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/2,
assigned device number 7
Sep  3 15:37:13 tigger kernel: usb.c: USB device 7 (vend/prod
0x40a/0x550) is not claimed by any active driver.

I see an other user posting saying that perhaps your motherboard is old
and the USB ports may not work properly with Linux. That could be as my
motherboard is from 2001 so it's fairly new.

Tony