[PLUG] Debian question, running pump on boot

Karl M. Hegbloom karlheg at hegbloom.net
Wed Sep 4 16:32:10 UTC 2002

The Debian documentation needs work, surely.  Perhaps you would like
to learn SGML and help them?

Vincent Damewood <vincentdamewood at yahoo.com> writes:

> I have a DSL connection using DHCP. I have pretty much
> figured out how to set it up, except that I need to
> run pump to get the thing started. I've been running
> it manually until now, but I need it to run when I
> boot my computer. Which script would I edit, and where
> in the script would be the best place to put it?

# apt-get install etherconf

# dpkg-reconfigure etherconf

That will auto-edit "/etc/network/interfaces" for you.

 man ifup
 man interfaces

--
As any limb well and duly exercised, grows stronger,
the nerves of the body are corroborated thereby. --I. Watts.  .''`.