[PLUG] Debian auto logout?

Richard Steffens rsteff at attbi.com
Fri Sep 6 19:52:55 UTC 2002

Does Debian have a feature that logs out a user who had been inactive
for some period of time? Last night, I started apt-get install cupsys
and let it run overnight. I found a login screen this morning. I logged
in and found that cups is running. I opened the documentation via
http://localhost.... and started reading. I had to go out for a few
hours. When I came back, I found another login screen.

I assume this is part of the paranoid security model, which I agree
makes sense in a more public setting. However, I don't need it here at
home. What is this feature called, and where do I look for the
configuration options to change it?

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,