[PLUG] Debian auto logout?

Tyler F. Creelan creelan at engr.orst.edu
Fri Sep 6 20:36:48 UTC 2002

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Anthony Schlemmer wrote:
[snipped]
> I'm not sure if bash has this feature or not.

In bash the variable is called TMOUT I think.

> > I had to go out for a
> > few hours. When I came back, I found another login screen.

Not sure... were you in X when it logged you out or a virtual console?
Incidentally, I heard Windows XP reboots automatically when it detects an
error, leading to interesting user experiences. I've noticed the same
thing sometimes in X, X dies and restarts itself when it encounters an
error (usually from my nvidia driver); perhaps that's what happened
to you?

Tyler