[PLUG] Debian auto logout?

Karl M. Hegbloom karlheg at hegbloom.net
Sat Sep 7 10:26:32 UTC 2002

    Richard> Does Debian have a feature that logs out a user who had
    Richard> been inactive for some period of time?

Check your process table ("ps wwwauxf | less") and see if there's a
logoutd or something like that running.  Then, have a look at
"/etc/security/time.conf".  "logoutd" is part of the "login" package,
and is apparently no longer present in "unstable" for some reason.
I've never run it, by simply commenting out everything in time.conf.

--
As any limb well and duly exercised, grows stronger,
the nerves of the body are corroborated thereby. --I. Watts.  .''`.