ot: BSOD (Re: [PLUG] Debian auto logout?)

Karl M. Hegbloom karlheg at hegbloom.net
Sat Sep 7 10:51:36 UTC 2002

I did not know what BSOD was...  so I put my cursor on it (I read mail
with Gnus in XEmacs) and typed "M-x dictionary-lookup-definition", and
in a blink had:

8<------------------------------------------------------------>8
[Back] [Search Definition]         [Matching words]        [Quit]
       [Select Dictionary]         [Select Match Strategy]

2 definitions found

>From The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing (09 FEB 02)[foldoc]:

BSOD

   Blue Screen of Death

>From Jargon File (4.3.1, 29 Jun 2001)[jargon]:

BSOD /B-S-O-D/ Very common abbreviation for Blue Screen of Death.
   Both spoken and written.

Try THAT in english class on your laptop sometime!  Way cool.  Having
dictd on localhost is most awesome.

--
As any limb well and duly exercised, grows stronger,
the nerves of the body are corroborated thereby. --I. Watts.  .''`.