[PLUG] Access and Samba

rplummer at wvi.com rplummer at wvi.com
Sat Sep 7 16:51:50 UTC 2002

Carla,

I haven't shared one with samba, but I think it shouldn't be too hard. I
would try just putting the db on the linux box and setting the samba
share for the directory its in then see what happens. Or another way
might be to set a small Fat32 partition on the linux box to hold the DB
and sharing that. The biggest problem I could see would be if multiple
people were accessing the db at one time. I have had problems wih
that even on Windows platforms.

Good Luck and let us know what happens.

RAy