[PLUG] RH7.2 to 7.3

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Sep 8 14:33:16 UTC 2002

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, Michael Boynay wrote:

> I am putting together another box using RH7.3.  I downloaded the .iso from
> Redhat and created the CD's to install.  In my attempt to install RH7.3 my
> cd-rom doesnt want to work.  I also created a boot floppy and through the
> install sequence of requesting the first disk my system again doesnt
> recognize my cd-rom.  Just to narrow down the problem I took the RH7.2 I
> download awhile back and it goes through the whole install process and
> recognizes my cd-rom.
>
> I have burned about 2 sets of the RH7.3 distro (I verified that there where
> folders and files on the disks) and figured there is something else going on
> but I dont know what I should do to correct the problem.

  Ah, ha! We went through the same thing here. Two sets of downloaded ISOs,
and a last-minute dash to OfficeDepot to buy and "official boxed set" and
the same problem. We also had problems with the install hanging on another
workstation when it became time to install the chkconfig package.

  We resolved it by disconnecting the SCSI buses. Then the 7.3 installer saw
the ATAPI drive for all the cdroms it needed to read. There must be a bug
with the 7.3 installer.